The National Commission for Civic Education (NCCE), the Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU), the Ghana National Commission for UNESCO and the Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (IEPA) are jointly organising a three-day workshop on Global Citizenship Education (GCED) for Civic Educators and Teachers. The training starts on Monday, 17th to Wednesday, 19th September, 2018, at the University of Cape Coast in the Central Region.
The training will build the capacities of Ghanaian educators on the concept of GCED as stated in SDG 4.7.1. It will further equip participants with knowledge and skills to promote and implement GCED in their areas of operation to contribute to achieving the target of Education 2030 Agenda.
Participants will be taken through a number of topics. These include:
- Education for Human Rights,
- Promotion of Culture of Peace and Non-Violence,
- Respect for Diversity of Culture Expression,
- Education for Interfaith and Intercultural Dialogue,
- Education to Live in Harmony with the Earth,
- Education for the Prevention of Violent Extremism and
- Education for Sustainable Development among others.
It is the expectation of organisers that participants would acquire the necessary knowledge and skills on Global Citizenship Education to further impact their areas of operation, institutions and communities for a better society.