The 2018 Third Quarter activities for the National Commission for Civic Education, NCCE, has been released.
The activities will educate the public on:
- Corruption and its forms
- Illegal mining “galamsey”
- Citizens and the Police
- Rule of Law
- Education on Child Protection Issues( Child marriage, child labour, human trafficking, etc)
- Education on public accountability (Social Auditing)
- Public Education on the Whistleblower Act,2006 (Act 720)
- National Dialogue on 25 years of Constitutional democracy
- Project Citizen Showcase competitions
- Public Education on the Judiciary and the protection of human rights
- Sensitisation on environmental protection
Strategies that will be adopted to undertake these activities will ensure that, citizens are well informed and sensitized on key national issues. The activities will be carried out in all 216 districts and 10 regions across the country, targeting every citizen of Ghana.
The Commission will collaborate with CHRAJ, Ghana Police Service, Judicial Service, Traditional Authority, District Assemblies, EOCO, GES, Faith Based Organisations(FBO’s) Environmental Protection Agency(EPA), Forestry Commission, Department of Children and DOVVSU to implement the activities.